The Cyrus Avery Route 66 Memorial Bridge is adjacent to the Cyrus Avery Centennial Plaza. Most historical authorities see the bridge, what Tulsans have simply called the “Old 11th Street
Bridge”, as the center of Route 66 and the place where east meets west in America. The Cyrus Avery Route 66 Memorial Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 13, 1996. Architectural improvements to this historic bridge were completed in January 2008, thus restoring its once-grand appearance to near-original condition.
Improvements were coordinated with the State Historic Preservation Office. They included stabilization of pylon scouring and decking deterioration, and restoration of the aesthetic appearance to the 1930’s-1940’s era through lighting, replacement of concrete railing, ornamental wrought iron, and deck finish treatment. The structural analysis in the master plan can guide options for future rehabilitation(s) if desired. The Acorn lighting timer schedule coincides with River Parks lights.
Keystone Services, Inc.