The sign was in danger of being lost to the landfill. Tulsa Foundation for Architecture and the Oklahoma Route
66 Association led the effort to rescue
the 1930’s-era sign with its two 20′ x 40′ panels. In addition to Vision 2025 funds, the project received private donations and a grant from the National Parks Service Route 66 Corridor Preservation Program. Markham Ferrell donated land for the new site at the southwest corner of 11th Street and Quaker Avenue.
A public dedication was held on May 22, 2009. Clocks were added to the each panel in 2016. Plaques at the site explain the historical significance of the sign to Meadow Gold, advertising, and Indian Territory.
Construction: Builders Unlimited