Historic Markers and Informational Road Signs

Status: COMPLETE

Project Description:

Historic markers have been installed on the original alignment of Route 66 (1926-1932) through the Kendall Whittier Historic District and downtown central business district, and final alignments (1932-1986) of Route 66. This project was completed in September 2006.

Additional sites have been identified for signs with technical descriptions of historical context and architectural significance in Tulsa during the years 1926-1973. The Preservation & Design Committee will make recommendations in summer 2017. These tourist-oriented narratives and photographs will tell the story of existing treasures, and treasures that are no longer here.

028 (450x338)

 

 

 

 

 

Return to Route 66